Terms & Conditions
1. Films must be related to trails in some way. This rule is open to creative interpretation and topics may include trail adventure stories, trail-based outdoor activities, histories of trails, trail building/monitoring, sociology and economies of trails, wildlife and habitats along trails, journeys of healing or spiritual renewal, pilgrimage paths, and climate/conservation issues surrounding trails.
2. Films from all regions and languages are welcome. All non-English language films must include subtitles in English. We prefer that all films include English closed-captioning/subtitles in the form of SRT files. Email email@example.com if you have questions.
3. There are no requirements for filmmaker experience level, production budget, professional/industry recognition, or film release status. Trails Film accepts all types of projects as long as they coincide with the values of this festival.
Feature: Films that are 40:00 minutes or longer.
Short Feature: Films between 10:00 and 39:59 minutes long.
Short: Films between 1:01 and 9:59 minutes long.
Micro: Films that are 1:00 minute or shorter.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Note: If you have a special request or circumstances not outlined within these rules and terms regarding your film’s exhibition, please email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
By submitting to Trails Film you agree to the following terms:
1. The World Trails Network owns Trails Film, meaning this agreement is between you (the filmmaker) and the World Trails Network (worldtrailsnetwork.org).
2. If your film is accepted, you agree to give the World Trails Network a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive license to use, publicly perform, publicly display, copy, distribute, and create derivative works of your submission in connection with Trails Film. This includes screening your film at a variety of venues during our world tour.
3. You agree to allow Trails Film to use content from your film on our social media platforms, websites, newsletters, and any other digital or printed promotions of the festival.
4. You agree that no screening fees or other compensation to the filmmaker are necessary in order for Trails Film to use your submission. Trails Film does reserve the right to pay filmmakers a stipend.
5. We agree that Trails Film will give all credits that we practicably can, given case-by-case circumstances. You warrant that all copyrighted material—music, pictures, web content, videos, art, graphic design, etc. (this is not an exhaustive list, rather it is exemplary)—is either owned by you or that you have expressed written permission to use any copyrighted material found in your submission. No exceptions.
6. You agree, that in the event that the previous term turns out to be not true (you have infringed someone else’s copyrights), to indemnify and hold harmless Trails Film for any claims or threat of claim against the same, and that you will pay for (first), or reimburse (last resort), all costs associated with defending any such claims against Trails Film for violation of another’s copyright as a result of your submission.
7. You warrant that you have full consent and permission from all people who appear in any identifiable manner in your submission to use their persona in your submission, their knowledge and understanding that their image or likeness may be used commercially.
8. You agree to hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless Trails Film from any and all claims, including, without limitation, claims for damages for libel, infringement of rights of publicity, invasion of privacy, portrayal in a false light, or any other claim from any person based on the use of your submission.
9. Entry fees to Trails Film are non-refundable.
10. Trails Film reserves the right to decline any submission for any reason we see fit, as well as revoke acceptance if necessary.
11. By agreeing to these terms, you warrant that you have read, understood, and agreed to the rules, terms, and conditions of Trails Film and that the information that you have supplied is correct.
SPONSORS & SUPPORT
Our audience is full of influential outdoor recreation leaders from around the world. Join us to make a powerful impression and support a community of stewards of our planet’s cherished pathways.Partner With Us